PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP ENERGY BITES — Easy to make and fun to eat, these peanut butter and chocolate chip energy bites are packed with protein for the perfect on-the-go snack.
I’ve tried a lot of energy bite recipes over the years (some not so great) and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites are by far my favorite!
And since the holidays are over and we’re all trying to eat a bit more healthy, I figured it was the perfect time to share this recipe with you.
These energy bites are made with good-for-you ingredients like rolled oats and flaxseed meal. The peanut butter adds a great protein boost, and the honey and chocolate chips make them a little bit sweet.
Of course, you could leave out the chocolate chips, but where’s the fun in that! You could also try different mix-ins, like chopped nuts or dried fruit.
And yes, you can use different nut butters too. Just be aware that you might have to adjust the amount used, since different nut butters tend to have different consistencies and textures.
But this is a great recipe to experiment with, and make adaptations based on your needs and tastes. And with the help of a food processor, these energy bits come together in no time!
We go through these so quickly at my house that I usually double or triple the recipe and keep some in the freezer. And no, you don’t have to make them perfectly round.
Honestly, I usually just scoop them out with a cookie scoop and leave them in that shape–it’s much quicker than rolling them into balls. I just wanted to make this batch look extra pretty for the blog!
You could also press the mixture into a pan and cut them into squares. There’s really no right or wrong way to do this. These energy bites taste great no matter what shape they’re in.
If you’re looking for some healthy snacking options for the new year, I highly recommend these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites!
Be sure to save this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Old-fashioned oats
- Ground flaxseed
- Peanut butter
- Mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add oats to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the flaxseed meal, 3/4 cup peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt to the food processor and mix until the mixture comes together in a soft ball.
- If the mixture is too crumbly to shape into balls, add more peanut butter, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture comes together.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl and mix in chocolate chips with your hands until evenly combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a parchment lined baking tray and refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or freeze for up to two months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe