QUESO BLANCO–This creamy melted cheese dip is made with three cheeses plus jalapeno and fresh tomatoes. Great for game day served with your favorite tortilla chips.
If there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s warm, cheesy queso dip, and this homemade Queso Blanco is one of my favorites! I mean, what’s not to love about gooey, melted cheese?
I had to ask for white American cheese at the deli counter, but you might also find it in pre-packaged slices (like those Kraft singles). That will work just as well.
And you can always use regular American cheese in a pinch. Your queso will just be a more traditional orange instead of white. But it will still taste amazing!
To adjust the level of heat, leave some seeds in your jalapenos for a more spicy dip, and remove all the seeds for a milder queso.
I really like the additions of the fresh ingredients in this recipe–everyone will know this queso is homemade, and not from a jar!
If you’ll be serving your queso at a party, or for game day, you can make it ahead and reheat it just before your guests arrive.
Try keeping it in a slow cooker set to the low or warm setting. That way it stays warm and melty all evening long! And don’t forget the tortilla chips!
Whether your serving it for game day, Cinco de Mayo, or just because, this Queso Blanco is sure to be a hit!
Be sure to save this Queso Blanco Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Queso Blanco Dip
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Produce: onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro
- White American cheese
- Monterry Jack cheese
- Cream of half and half
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno or serrano, seeds and stem removed; diced
- 16 ounces white American cheese, shredded or cubed
- 4 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Cook the onion and pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cheeses and 1/2 cup of the cream. Stir until mostly melted.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, diced Roma tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with chips or fresh tortillas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 879mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from C&C Marriage Factory. You should really go check out her posts on her home renovation. Amazing!