ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER — Cloves of freshly roasted garlic are combined with soft butter, olive oil and spices in this flavorful condiment for meat, potatoes, bread and more.
If you’ve never had Roasted Garlic Butter, I’m here to tell you that you are missing out on one of life’s great pleasures. Seriously, this stuff is heavenly.
If you like garlic, that is. Which my husband does not. But even he can’t resist a pat of roasted garlic butter on a freshly grilled steak.
It’s also pretty amazing eaten from the spoon. Not that I condone eating butter from a spoon.
You can roast whole heads of garlic in your oven in about 30 minutes, or you can “roast” garlic in the air fryer in about 20 minutes.
I usually go the air fryer route, just because it’s a little bit quicker. Either way, you’ll end up with soft, spreadable cloves of garlic.
Even if you don’t use your roasted garlic to make butter, once you’ve tried it, it will become a regular part of your garnish and condiment repertoire. It’s such an easy, amazing way to serve garlic.
And of course, roasted garlic is even better when you combine it with softened butter! This has to be one of my favorite, easy-to-prepare condiments of all time.
So grab some fresh garlic heads and whip up a batch of this Roasted Garlic Butter. I promise, you’re going to love it! Unless you’re my husband, that is.
Be sure to save this recipe for Roasted Garlic Butter to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Roasted Garlic Butter
- Garlic heads
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 heads garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Alternately, preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Cut about 1/3 of the garlic head off of the top, so that the cloves are exposed. Place each head of garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil to enclose the garlic head and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for about 30 minutes in the oven, or 16-20 minutes in the air fryer, or until the cloves are very soft. Remove from oven or air fryer and cool completely.
- Squeeze the desired number of garlic cloves into a food processor. Add the butter and pulse several times, until smooth.
- Store in an covered container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe