SKILLET SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP — This creamy, cheesy spinach artichoke dip is so rich and decadent. It’s always the first thing to disappear, no matter the occasion.
I’m always reluctant to call recipes the “best ever” because there’s always a chance I could be wrong. But I’m just going to come right out and say it. This is the Best Spinach Artichoke Dip I’ve ever had.
I turned my nose up at first sight because there was no cream cheese in this recipe. It kept calling me back, though. You are right. BEST EVER!
We made this for Super Bowl Sunday with plenty leftover. So I bought a hearty sourdough loaf at the store a few days later and made grilled sandwiches with this stuff. I’ll say it again… BEST EVER! ~ Erika
I also love that you just mix everything up on the stove-top and serve. I like to leave mine in the skillet and dip right from there, but you could certainly transfer it to a pretty serving dish once it’s all hot and bubbly.
Or if you prefer, it can be made ahead, refrigerated, and warmed up in the microwave. I find that this dip heats up best on the stove-top or in the microwave, so I don’t usually put it in the oven.
If you go that route, you’ll definitely want to give it a good stir before serving.
You can also use frozen spinach in place of the fresh (you’ll need 15-20 ounces), just make sure it’s well drained and you’ve squeezed out any excess moisture.
But seriously. Best spinach artichoke dip ever!
Be sure to save this Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Produce: garlic, fresh spinach, onion
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- Crackers, bread and veggies, for serving
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Cubed bread, crackers, chips or veggies, for dipping
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute until soft, 3-5 minutes.Stir in the flour and cook for a few minutes more.
- Slowly whisk in the cream until smooth, then stir in the chicken broth. Add the chopped spinach. Cook and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Bring to a simmer and add the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in sour cream, artichoke hearts and Monterrey Jack cheese. Cook for a few more minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with bread, crackers, chips and veggies for dipping or refrigerate and reheat in the microwave at 50% power before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 109mg Sodium: 621mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This recipe was passed along by my friend Ashlee.