SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN PORK — Slow cooked pulled pork in a sweet and tangy pineapple, brown sugar and soy sauce glaze.
If there’s one meal that’s guaranteed to be a hit around here, it’s pulled pork of any variety. And this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork is a new favorite!
I am not good at cooking and this was easy and delicious! ~ Katie
We usually serve this pork over hot cooked rice topped with pineapple tidbits and green onions, but it’s also fabulous in tacos and burritos. Or served on buns, sandwich style, topped with your favorite coleslaw.
And yes, that little extra step of browning your meat before you add it to the slow cooker really does add tons of great flavor. It’s totally worth the few extra minutes.
Love this recipe! Served on rice and topped with skillet-toasted coconut flakes. Now a family favorite, thanks! ~ Julie
No matter how you choose to serve it, this Hawaiian Pulled Pork is a crowd pleasing meal. It will definitely be making a repeat appearance on my menu!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pulled Pork
- Vegetable oil
- Pork shoulder roast
- Pineapple juice
- Produce: fresh ginger, garlic
- Spices: paprika, salt and pepper
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cut pork roast into half or thirds and sear on all sides until brown. Place pork roast into the bowl of a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended. Reserve 2 cups of the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the pork and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or until the roast shreds easily with a fork.
- About 30 minutes before pork is ready, pour the reserved sauce into a medium sauce pan and simmer over medium heat until sauce thickens and reduces by about half. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Toss with reserved sauce and serve on rice, or as a filling for tacos or burritos.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 153mg Sodium: 1023mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Protein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Half-Baked Harvest