GRILLED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU — Classic chicken cordon bleu, cooked on the grill and lightened up with a flavorful Dijon vinaigrette.
I’ve always loved Chicken Cordon Bleu. It’s one of those dishes that, for me, never gets old. And this Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Vinaigrette is my favorite new way to prepare this classic chicken dish.
First of all, it’s so much easier than making traditional Cordon Bleu. There’s no breading the chicken, you just put it right on the grill.
And no breading means less calories. Plus, the Dijon vinaigrette is a wonderful, lightened-up version of the creamy sauce that is so often served with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I love this version! We usually make a baked cordon bleu but this was perfect for summertime!! ~ Erika
So this is basically a lightened up version of the traditional chicken dish. I think I may have even liked it more than regular chicken cordon bleu!
Besides being simple and delicious, my whole family loved this dish, which is always a plus in my book.
Be sure to save this recipe for Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Vinaigrette to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Chicken Cordon Blue with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- Deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Produce: shallots, chives
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Vinaigrette
Classic chicken cordon bleu, cooked on the grill and lightened up with a flavorful Dijon vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: French
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Brush grates of your grill with oil and preheat to medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, shallots and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Top each chicken breast with ham and cheese and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and grill for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over chicken and garnish with chopped fresh chives. Serve immediately.
Keywords: chicken, vinaigrette
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home