CHERRY COLA PULLED PORK SLIDERS — Pork roast is slow cooked in a sweet, spicy, and slightly smoky mixture of cherry cola and cherry preserves, then shredded and served in sandwich buns for the ultimate crowd-pleasing meal.
If you’re looking for the perfect meal to serve on game day, or an easy week night dinner, look no further than these Cherry Cola Pulled Pork Sliders. This is a crowd-pleasing recipe that’s simple and delicious.
As far as I’m concerned, you really can’t go wrong with any kind of pulled pork, especially if you need to feed a large group and you need something that’s easy to prepare and serve.
And this cherry cola version is loaded with flavor! It’s got everything–sweet, spicy, and a little bit smoky, thanks to smoked paprika and chipotle peppers in adobo.
You can definitely use regular paprika if that’s what you have on hand. But this recipe is a great reason to pick up some smoked paprika if you don’t have any in your spice collection.
Then you’ll just need your favorite cherry cola, some cherry preserves, a few cloves of garlic and some salt and pepper. Oh, and a slow cooker. Honestly, this pork could not be easier to make.
When I make this pulled pork for game-day entertaining, I always serve it in slider buns so I get more servings. There’s always so much delicious food on game day, I find a slider or two is the perfect serving size for most people.
If I’m serving these sandwiches for dinner, I go for full-sized buns and add some coleslaw or pasta salad on the side. You can serve barbecue sauce on the side if you like, but I find the sauce from the pork is usually enough.
If you’ve never used canned chipotles in adobo before, they’re pretty spicy, so start with less and add more if desired. You can put any extra chipotles in the freezer and keep them for months.
If you’re looking for a unique, flavorful twist on traditional pulled pork sandwiches, you’ve got to try these Cherry Cola Pulled Pork Sliders. When it comes to game-day, they really are a game changer!
Be sure to save this recipe for Cherry Cola Pulled Pork Sliders to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cherry Cola Pulled Pork Sliders
- Pork roast
- Cherry cola
- Cherry preserves
- Chipotles in adobo
- Spices: smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Sandwich buns, for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless pork roast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 oz.) can cherry cola
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons minced chipotles in adobo
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season pork roast generously with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, then transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cola, cherry preserves, paprika, chipotles in adobo and garlic. Pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Remove pork to a large platter and shred. Turn slow cooker to high.
- Whisk cornstarch into the juices in the slow cooker until smooth. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker. Cover and continue cooking 10-15 minutes more, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve warm on sandwich or slider buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe