RANCH CHICKEN TAQUITOS — Flour tortillas are filled with a savory chicken and cheese mixture, then rolled and baked until crispy on the outside. Best served with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
I don’t know why it’s taken so long for me to share this recipe for Ranch Chicken Taquitos with you. They’ve been a favorite at our house for years!
My teenage and young adult boys especially love them. These taquitos make a great meal, but they’re also a fabulous after school snack.
In fact, I usually double the recipe and freeze half of the taquitos in a zip-top bag so my kids (or myself) can pull a few out and bake them up for a delicious between meal treat.
The filling is what makes these taquitos extra special–shredded chicken lots of cheese, salsa verde, spices, green onions, cilantro and a hit of Ranch seasoning mix. I could honestly eat the filling all by itself, or scoop it up with tortilla or corn chips.
You can also mix up the filling ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until your ready to assemble the taquitos. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature first.
At our house, mixing up a batch of Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a must for dipping, but you can also opt for almost any salsa, sour cream, or guacamole. But I highly recommend something for dipping!
And since these taqutios are baked, they’re a little bit healthier than a fried version. I mean, they’re still full of melty cheese….but a good coating of non-stick cooking spray ensures they get nice and crispy in the oven.
Like I said, I’ve been making these Ranch Chicken Taquitos for years, and they’re still a favorite, after all the recipes I’ve served my family. I hope you love them as much as we do.
Be sure to save this recipe for Ranch Chicken Taquitos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ranch Chicken Taquitos
- Cream cheese
- Green salsa
- Produce: limes, garlic, cilantro, green onions
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro Lime Dressing (for dipping)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small (Fajita size) flour tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cilantro Lime Dressing (for dipping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat cream cheese for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and Ranch mix to the cream cheese and stir to mix well. Mix in the garlic, cilantro and green onions. Stir in the shredded chicken and Pepper Jack cheese.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center of a tortilla, keeping the filling within about 1 inch of the edge. Roll tortillas up tightly and place seam side down on a large baking sheet. Spray taquitos with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until taquitos are crisp and edges are turning golden. Serve with Cilantro Lime Dressing for dipping.
To freeze taquitos: Place prepared (but not baked) taquitos on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 and place the taquitos on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Our Best Bites