BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES — Melted provolone cheese and shredded Buffalo style chicken filling are piled into sub sandwich buns, then topped with green onions and blue cheese in this quick and easy meal the whole family will love.
Pretty much everyone at my house is a Buffalo chicken fanatic, so these Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches were a huge hit with my husband and boys!
And they were so very easy to put together. Especially with the help of a supermarket rotisserie chicken. Of course, you could make your own shredded chicken……
But I’m all about helpful shortcuts in the kitchen, and using a rotisserie chicken in recipes like this is one of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
This is also a great way to use up leftover chicken. And while this recipe makes about four sandwiches, you could easily throw together one or two sandwiches, depending on how much chicken you need to use up.
Needless to say, my family couldn’t stop raving about these simple chicken sandwiches.
We like to serve extra Buffalo sauce on the side, for those who like things really spicy. Ranch dressing is another favorite topping at my house too.
Frank’s Red Hot is the preferred brand of Buffalo sauce around here, but any brand will work. And of course, you can always opt for sliced cheddar in place of the provolone cheese.
And if you’d like slightly smaller servings, regular hamburger buns can be used instead of hoagie rolls. This recipe also works great for sliders.
These Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are a quick and easy week night meal that my family always looks forward to. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Sub sandwich rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Produce: onion, red pepper, green onions
- Buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Blue cheese
- 4 sub sandwich rolls, split lengthwise
- 8 sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place rolls in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place 2 slices of provolone cheese in each roll.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and Buffalo sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide chicken mixture between rolls. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and sandwiches are toasty, about 10 minutes. Garnish with additional blue cheese and sliced green onions, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 1686mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 57g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Paula Deen