LEMON GINGER CHEESECAKE BARS — With a spicy gingersnap crust and a sweet lemon cream cheese filling, this crowd-pleasing dessert can be served any time of year.
If you’ve never experienced the delicious flavor combination of lemon and ginger, these Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Bars are a great place to start!
I had a lot of gingersnaps left after the holiday season. You know, the thin, crispy kind that come in a pretty tin. I really do love them, but even I can’t eat that many gingersnaps.
I wanted to use them to make something tasty, but I didn’t want to make something that would be considered a “holiday dessert” after the holidays were over.
And that’s how these sweet and spicy cheesecake bars came to be! Lemon and ginger go so well together–if you’ve never tried it, trust me–and although you could definitely serve these bars during the holiday season, you can easily serve them any time of year.
I served these lemon ginger bars at a game night recently and they received rave reviews. My family loved them too–even the ones who were skeptical of the flavor combination.
I find that the best way to crush the gingersnaps into fine crumbs is with a food processor. But you could definitely do it by hand if needed.
Just put the cookies in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin or other heavy object. It’s also a really great arm workout, and a good way to relieve stress!
You do want to give these bars plenty of time in the refrigerator to fully set and cool. I like to make them the day before, but they’ll need at least 4 hours to chill before they’re ready to serve.
If you’d like to make things extra fancy, you can top each cheesecake square with some homemade whipped cream. I prefer to serve them as a finger food that everyone can pick up and carry around.
Even if you don’t have leftover holiday gingersnaps, it’s worth buying a package to make these delightful Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Bars. You’re going to love them!
Be sure to save this recipe for Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Bars
- Cream cheese
For the crust
- 40 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the filling
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed gingersnaps, melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, salt, flour, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the cheesecake is just set, but not browned.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Land O’Lakes