LOADED BAKED POTATO DIP — All of your favorite baked potato toppings in one delicious dip! This savory dip will be a hit and any party or game day get-together.
I love a good loaded baked potato. In fact, I always order a loaded baked potato when I have the option at a restaurant. So when I spotted this recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Dip, I knew it was going to be fabulous. I was not disappointed!
This dip is goes great with Ruffles potato chips, or (my personal favorite), warm waffle fries. If you happen to have leftovers, it also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
This dip has all the flavors of a loaded, stuffed baked potato, but in the form of a warm, delicious appetizer.
You’ll want to serve this dip at room temperature–my family actually liked it slightly warm–so whatever you prefer is fine.
This is a very sturdy dip, so you opt for waffle fries, you’ll want them to be nice and crispy–they’ll work much better for dipping that way.
Same for your potato chips. You’ll want a variety that’s nice and sturdy. I usually opt for Ruffles brand, or some kind of potato chips with ridges. Steak fries are another good option.
Sometimes, if I have Ranch dressing mix handy, I’ll stir a little bit of that in for a something a little bit different. And you could certainly switch up the kind of shredded cheese you use.
One thing is for certain, this Loaded Baked Potato dip is perfect for game day, tailgating, or any get together. It makes enough to serve a crowd and it’s always a hit!
Be sure to save this Loaded Baked Potato Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Waffle fries or potato chips, for dipping
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 green onions, sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Waffle fries, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, cheese, green onions and hot sauce.
- Crumble 8 slices of the bacon and stir into the sour cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Garnish with the remaining bacon (crumbled) and additional green onions, if desired).
- Serve at room temperature with warm waffle fries or Ruffles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted My Recipes.