SMOKED TROUT DIP — Whether you’re hosting a casual get-together or a fancy holiday party, this delicious seafood dip, loaded with capers, garlic and fresh herbs, is sure to be a hit.
If you’re looking for an appetizer that sounds fancy, but is incredibly easy to make, then this Smoked Trout Dip is the recipe you need!
Some of you are probably thinking, “Fish dip? That sounds weird,” but trust me, this stuff is loaded with so many amazing flavors, you might not want to share.
Most people are familiar with smoked salmon, and smoked trout really isn’t any different–except for the kind of fish, of course. And smoked trout has a more neutral, delicate flavor than salmon.
So if you tried smoked salmon and found it a bit strong for your tastes, then you’ll definitely want to give this smoked trout dip a try!
And since it’s so easy to keep smoked meat on hand, you can whip up this trout dip whenever the craving strikes.
You’ll want to use hot smoked trout in this recipe, which is smoked with heat to cook the fish, not cold smoked trout.
It’s usually sold in chunks or filets and shrink wrapped. Look for it near the fresh fish in your local grocery store, or near other cured meats and cold smoked fish, such as lox.
Of course, if you can’t find smoked trout–or you just prefer the taste of salmon–this recipe also works wonderfully with smoked salmon.
This trout dip will last up to a week in the refrigerator, so feel free to make it ahead of time. I like to serve this dip with baguette slices and crackers, but it’s also great with veggies, or by the spoonful.
If you want to serve a unique and delicious appetizer next time you entertain, this Smoked Trout Dip is a must try!
Be sure to save this Smoked Trout Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Smoked Trout Dip
- Smoked trout
- Cream cheese
- Produce: garlic, celery, parsley, chives, lemons
- Spices: Paprika, salt and pepper
- Crackers or baguettes, for serving
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. smoked trout fillets, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crackers or baguette slices, for serving
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped chives, if desired. Serve with crackers or sliced baguettes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: This is an original recipe.