ROCKY ROAD BROWNIES — This easy bar recipe starts with a boxed brownie mix, which is baked, then topped off with peanuts, toasted marshmallows and hot fudge sauce, for a decadent twist on traditional brownies.
There are so many ways you can top off a basic brownie, and these decadent Rocky Road Brownies are one of my favorite brownie creations.
If you ask my husband and kids, they’ll tell you that Rocky Road is my favorite flavor of ice cream, so it’s no wonder I love these brownies so much!
Okay…..Rocky Road might be tied with Cherry Garcia when it comes to ice cream flavors. But that’s a debate for another day.
And the best part about these brownies is that they start with your favorite boxed brownie mix, so they are super simple to bake up and put together.
Once you’ve baked your brownies (according to the package directions) you simply finish them off with toasty marshmallows, chopped peanuts, and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
The result is basically a slice of chocolatey, gooey deliciousness!
In fact, I suggest keeping the ingredients for these brownies on had at all times, so you can whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes. Which in my case is often.
I do go pretty heavy on the marshmallows in this recipe, because it’s my absolute favorite part of the brownie. But if you’d prefer a bit less, feel free to cut back by 1/2 cup or so.
And watch the marshmallows carefully while you toast them under the broiler. They can go from perfectly golden brown to burnt in a matter of seconds.
If I’m lucky, I can even get my boys to bake these Rocky Road Brownies up for me. I hope you love this easy dessert recipe as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Rocky Road Brownies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rocky Road Brownies
- Brownie mix plus ingredients for making brownies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Hot fudge sauce
- 1 boxed brownie mix (for a 9x9 pan), plus ingredients listed on box
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared hot fudge sauce
- Bake brownies according to package directions.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and top with marshmallows and chopped peanuts. Set oven to broil. Return brownies to oven and broil for about 3 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Warm hot fudge sauce until it is pourable, but not too hot. Drizzle over brownies. Cool completely before cutting into squares to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe