SPICY SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE DIP — Two kinds of cheese, spicy sausage, fresh tomatoes, green chilies and sour cream come together in this hot dip, perfect for game day!
Several years ago, when our home team Denver Broncos were playing in the Super Bowl, we had friends over to watch game. My friend Leann brought this amazing Spicy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip to the game day party and I couldn’t get enough of it!
I’m so sorry it’s taken me this long to share the recipe with you. Really, once you try it, you’ll wish I’d told you about it a long time ago.
Basically, it’s one of those dips that you can’t stop eating! And I’m not the only one. My husband and boys couldn’t stop either.
They also couldn’t stop telling me (with their mouths full of sausage dip), how good this stuff is!
So if you’re looking to bring something to your next game day party that everyone will rave about, this is the recipe for you.
The great thing about this dip is that it’s really hard to mess up. You just throw everything in the slow cooker. This recipe is also easy to adapt.
For example, some people in my family aren’t big fans of tomatoes. So I use less tomatoes. And if you don’t like things too spicy, you could always use mild sausage instead. Or leave out a can of green chilies.
And you can honestly use almost any kind of cheese here. I mean, I wouldn’t recommend a crumbly style, like feta or blue cheese. But if you can grate it up, you can probably throw it into this dip.
My absolute favorite thing to dip into this cheesy goodness are Fritos Scoops, but any kind of chip or cracker will do.
Trust me, once you try this spicy sausage dip, you’ll be serving this delicious appetizer at every game day gathering from now on.
Be sure to save this Spicy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Italian sausage
- Produce: onion, garlic, tomatoes, green onions
- Diced green chilies
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chips or crackers, for dipping
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- Chips or crackers for dipping
- Brown sausage, onions and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Add sausage mixture to a greased slow cooker, along with green chilies, sour cream, cream cheese, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and salt an pepper. Mix to combine. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until cheese are melted and dip is bubbly.
- Stir in chopped green onions just before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend Leann