BUFFALO CHICKEN TORTILLA PINWHEELS — Perfect for game day, or any kind of party, these spicy pinwheel appetizers are loaded with cheese, chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese.
When it comes to party food, tortilla pinwheels with cream cheese filling are always a hit, and these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels are a family favorite.
And if spicy isn’t your thing, just cut back a bit on the hot sauce. I have a few kids who aren’t especially fond of blue cheese either, so feel free to leave that out if you prefer.
You can also toss in a bit of extra cheddar. And for extra spicy filling, replace some (or all) of the cheddar with pepper jack cheese.
There are plenty of ways to make this recipe your own, but one thing is for sure. These pinwheels will be a hit at any party!
If I can find them, I like to use the large tomato flavored wraps in this recipe. They actually have an orange-ish color that goes perfectly with the buffalo chicken flavors.
Regular tortillas work perfectly too though. You could even use whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas for a healthier option. Low fat cream cheese is another great way to save on calories.
I always use a supermarket rotisserie chicken in this recipe, but this is always a delicious way to use up leftover chicken.
And if you don’t want to bother making pinwheels, the filling is a great spread for crackers. Or heat it up and serve it as a dip with tortilla chips.
However you decide to serve this fun and tasty appetizer, these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels should definitely make an appearance on your next game day menu.
Be sure to save this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Smothered Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese
- Hot sauce
- Ranch seasoning
- Produce: celery, green onions
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 large (burrito size) tortillas or wraps
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese. Mix well.
- Stir in hot sauce, ranch seasoning, celery and green onions and mix to combine.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the 4 tortillas and spread in an even layer. Roll tortillas up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a serrated knife to slice into 1-inch pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.