MILE HIGH KEY LIME CREAM PIE — Key lime juice, sweetened cream cheese, and whipped cream come together in a pecan shortbread crust to create this cool, refreshing summer dessert.
If you’re looking for the perfect dessert to impress friends and family this summer, look no further than this glorious Mile High Key Lime Cream Pie!
It’s a little bit tangy, a little bit sweet, and bursting with key lime flavor. Not to mention, this pie is so cool, creamy and refreshing. It’s definitely a summer time favorite at my house!
And the best part is, you never have to turn on your oven to make this easy but impressive dessert.
This pie definitely doesn’t skip on the filling, and rightly earns the title of “mile high” with it’s bountiful layer of key lime filling and mounds of homemade whipped cream.
I like to top this pie off with a handful of toasted coconut for color and texture, but this is, of course, totally optional.
A drop or two of green food coloring is also optional. Without it, the pie is more white than green, and that’s definitely okay. So do whatever makes you happy.
This pie is always one of the first things to disappear at potlucks and backyard barbecues. And you’ll definitely get some requests for the recipe.
You can substitute regular lime juice for the key lime juice, but the pie won’t be quite as tart. You can always add a bit of grated lime zest to add more tartness though.
Nothing says summer quite like this Mile High Key Lime Cream Pie. It’s definitely a must make when the weather starts getting warm!
Be sure to save this recipe for Mile High Key Lime Cream Pie to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mile High Key Lime Cream Pie
- Pecan shortbread cookies
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice
For the crust
- 1 package pecan shortbread cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
For the filling and topping
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1-2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crust. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish, 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until smooth. Add 1-2 drops of green food coloring, if desired. Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared crust and top with the remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: