NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OAT BARS — Classic no-bake cookie ingredients like chocolate, oats and peanut butter come together in these layered, no-bake cookie bars.
I love a good no-bake cookie, and these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are the perfect treat to make when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
No-bake cookies are a great way to get kids safely involved in the kitchen, which is one of the many reasons I love them. They’re also great during warm weather, when baking is just out of the question.
This recipe has very similar ingredients, formed into nice, distinctive layers. I like to think of them as a fancy no-bake cookie.
I usually use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, since that’s what I have on hand most often, but milk, dark, or even a combination would work just as well.
These no-bake cookies will require some refrigeration before you cut them into bars. However, they taste best at room temperature, so I recommend letting them sit out for about 10 minutes before digging in.
Of course, one of my favorite things about these cookies is that my kids can make them without supervision. Perfect for when I’m having a chocolate cookie craving, but I’m also feeling too lazy to get up and bake something!
As far as I’m concerned, a good no-bake cookie recipe is something everyone needs in their recipe repertoire, and this one is sure to become a family favorite!
Be sure to save this recipe for No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Brown sugar
- Quick oats
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Classic no-bake cookie ingredients like chocolate, oats and peanut butter come together in these layered, no-bake cookie bars.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix in the oats. Cook and stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes, until ingredients are well combined.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Reserve the rest for topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat layer in the pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer and press in gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars and serve at room temperature.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
Keywords: oats, chocolate, peanut butter, bars
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes